Role and Impact
You will be tasked with interesting challenges such as constantly improving both the technical foundation and the user interface of our web app. We´re passionate about developing scalable, well-designed software user by thousands of users every day.
- Lead the design & development of new features and components.
- Understand the needs of Moneypool users to deliver intuitive and interactive applications to support them.
- Share ownership of the product.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development.
- You will help form vision, roadmap, and goals of the product
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Own projects from conception to release
- Deliver operational excellence by identifying, resolving, and fixing root issues
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Strong software engineering background
- You love the challenges of building highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps
- You have a willingness to buck the trends and learn new ways to build software. You're always devising faster and more effective ways to build
- Ruby experience is preferred, but not required
We empower friends to stop worrying about who pays what. By building software that makes friend to friend payments simpler, we can help to eliminate the infamous phrase "can I pay you later?". It’s our chance to save friendships.
We’re off to a great start - over 100,000 users already use moneypool. But we have a long way to go. We have a considerable mission and an even bigger opportunity: to change the way friends think about money. We’d love your help.