Software Engineer - Back End
Engineering - Web Team | Monterrey, NL
Role and Impact
You will be tasked with solving interesting technical challenges such as architecting and deploying infrastructure that can perform at scale, and maintaining software used by thousands of users every day.
- Design data models to support application features.
- Scale systems to our growing customer base.
- Operate and manage moneypool services.
- Unit test everything.
- Share ownership of the product.
What you’ll do
- You will help form vision, roadmap, and goals of the product
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Own projects from conception to release
- Deliver operational excellence by identifying, resolving, and fixing root issues
- Scaling the backend architecture and codebase to support growth while keeping Moneypool service fast and reliable.
- Reducing the level of technical debt of the backend codebase
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Strong software engineering background
- You love the challenges of building highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone
- You have a willingness to buck the trends and learn new ways to build software. You're always devising faster and more effective ways to build
- Ruby experience is preferred, but not required
We empower friends to stop worrying about who pays what. By building software that makes friend to friend payments simpler, we can help to eliminate the infamous phrase "can I pay you later?". It’s our chance to save friendships.
We’re off to a great start - over 100,000 users already use moneypool. But we have a long way to go. We have a considerable mission and an even bigger opportunity: to change the way friends think about money. We’d love your help.