Software Engineer - React Native
Engineering - Mobile Team | Monterrey, NL
Role and Impact
You will be tasked with interesting challenges such as constantly improving both the technical foundation and the user interface of our mobile app. We´re passionate about developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives.
- You will help form vision, roadmap, and goals of the product
- Lead the design & development of mobile features and components
- Understand the needs of Moneypool users to deliver intuitive and interactive applications to support them
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Propose solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Own projects from conception to release
- Strong software engineering background
- You love the challenges of building highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone
- You have a willingness to buck the trends and learn new ways to build software. You're always devising faster and more effective ways to build
- Some React experience is preferred, but not required
- Design experience is a plus
We empower friends to stop worrying about who pays what. By building software that makes friend to friend payments simpler, we can help to eliminate the infamous phrase "can I pay you later?". It’s our chance to save friendships.
We’re off to a great start - over 100,000 users already use moneypool. But we have a long way to go. We have a considerable mission and an even bigger opportunity: to change the way friends think about money. We’d love your help.